Lessons for Living as the Body of Christ
Scripture: Titus 2-3:9
- We all have something to contribute regardless of age
- What we do and how we live matters to God and others
- The responsibility of the more mature believers is to encourage and be an example for younger believers
- We live this way that no one will malign the word of God, so that those that oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us, and in every way we make the teaching about God our Savior attractive.
- Why should we live this way, because of the example and grace demonstrated to us through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ?
- Be respectful of those in authority, do go things, don’t slander, be peaceable and considerate, showing humility.
- At one time we too were unbelievers and without the grace of Christ.
- Christ saved out of His mercy
- We need to stress these things from time to time, so that as we have trusted Him for Salvation we will also live for Him now.
- Avoid foolish things; controversies, family status, and fighting about who is right under the law because none are righteous but through faith in Jesus Christ.